Saturday, October 31, 2015

Samyang Foods' Buldalk Bokkeummyeon: Spicy Korean Instant Noodle Challenge

Hi hi!

It's the Halloween weekend.. Knowing that I am an old soul trapped in a 20 something year old body, don't expect me to dress up in bunny ears or some nurse outfit and hit some pub lol. I mean I could but just nah~ 

Anyway, think the trend recently is people buying this brand of instant noodle and they will record a video of themselves eating it and suffering from the wrath of the spicy noodles.

Taadaaa the Samyang Foods' Buldalk Bokkeummyeon

It's very difficult NOT to get curious with the instant noodle..
Is it really THAT spicy?
Bullshit only is it?!
So what better way to verify it than trying it out myself!!

Did some quick Google and okay.. The Ramen Rater rated it as the 3rd spiciest instant noodles they've tasted. Had some sense of relief that it wasn't the spiciest of all instant noodles! Haha

Finding the cup noodle version of Samyang Foods' Buldalk Bokkerummyeon is the hard part. Supermarkets generally sell the ones in packets but not the ones in cups. I am more interested in the cup version solely because GOT FEEL RIGHT?! Haha. Most of the challengers had it in cups. Plus it saves me the trouble of cooking that thing. Convenient (read: I'm THAT lazy).

Initially, I was quite disheartened. It seems like the cup noodles are more adundant in Singapore and (duh) Korea but not so in Malaysia. Tried to search it online to find some people has jacked up the price to like RM 50 FOR ONE CUP!! Are you kidding me?! That's so overpriced. Thought of asking someone to buy it for me from Singapore but I'll have to wait.

Thankfully someone from Dayre told me I can try buying from the Korean marts in Solaris and so I did! Technically, I found it in Kim's mart in Desa Sri Hartamas but a friend of mine found it in KIm's mart Solaris as well! Only RM 5.30 each so phew! Saved me like RM 45 wtf!

Finally in my hand!

Purposely skipped lunch so I can go home and make this k! Not thick face enough to get hot water from the restaurants. Haha. Don't wanna get kicked out.

Preparation complete!

The spicy sauce topped with flakes of sea weed and sesame 

Huat ah huat ah! So red

My verdict:
This cup noodle is made from hell man!
SO. FREAKING. SPICY!!!!!

The spiciness level is no joke! It doesn't hit you like a bucket of water. Instead, it slowly creeps up your tongue and numb your entire skull! At one point I feel like my tongue wasn't mine anymore cause it got so numb from the spiciness! I tried to minimize the contact of the noodle with my tongue but my throat was burning after my stupid attempt haha.

I tried EVERYTHING to soothe the fire but it takes quite some time before the spiciness wear off. I tried milk, water, ice water, Yakult and even fried chicken patty (that was obviously fried) to ease the pain and OMG nothing worked! Apparently warm tea is quite helpful but I couldn't verify that lol

HOWEVER....

One could ask why did I keep eating it even when it's burning my mouth. That's because it taste SUPERRRRR GOOD! The taste itself was quite on point. The fragrance of the sauce really tempted me to take bites after bites. The taste is worth the spiciness. Maybe next time, when I buy it again, I'll not pour all the sauce in haha. Unfortunately, I learn that the HARD way.


Natural red lips! Save money on lipstick liao

I am proud to say I conquered the Korean spicy instant noodle challenge! WOOHOO!!

Squeaky clean~

Die you Samyang Foods' Buldalk Bokkeummyeon!

Not sure will I be a Charizard but fire coming out from the other end tomorrow wtf but I am sooo not keen to find out!..

Spiciness: Check
Taste: Check

Go try the instant noodles out if you haven't! You won't regret it I guarantee!

Okay I guess that's all I have for now.

Shall update again next week!

Bye bye~

P/S: Not responsible for the aftermath of spiciness hehe
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...