Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Premiere Screening of Inside Out

Hi!

So unbelievably sleepy right now. I think aging is a very real thing. Now that I've joined the work force, I'm living a no money, no time and no sleep kinda life. Haha. One movie premiere is enough to make me fall asleep while showering! Lol

Really no joke! I was like showering and found myself supporting my weight with my elbow while rubbing shower gel half heartedly. Closed my eyes and felt like.. okay. This pose is okay for sleeping lol. How pathetic.

Anyway! No regrets for staying up last night! Went and watch the much anticipated Inside Out! Been hearing good reviews about it so there's no way I'll miss this. Surely I can function as a zombie for a day or two!

Thank you Nuffnang for the tickets!

Nuffnang is awesome enough to give out Inside Out merchandises. They asked me is it okay to get the tee shirt. OF COURSE IT IS! Black tee is the way to go!

MY favourite kind of merchandise! IN XS! thank you nuffies *heart in eyes*


Overall, I think the movie is really well.. Disney Pixar. Enough to make you laugh and cry within the 2 hours. Gotta admit, certain part of the movie was very touching and I actually cried. I'm pretty sure I saw the guy next to me shedding a man tear as well. Hehe. But then right! I was having a lot of negative emotions accumulated inside me throughout the day and OMG CRYING SOOTHES MY SOUL! Felt so much better after crying a little haha. 

I'll rate the movie a...
7/10
The movie was great at that moment but it doesn't really feel very memorable. Like those kind of movie you walk out of the cinema and forgets. Haha. Won't buy DVD to re-watch it 20 times. Very unlike Toy Story 3 that hits you right in the childhood. 


The story is basically about the emotions of a 11 year old. Like why does she feel happy or sad. Basically how the way she grew up shaped the way she is today. It's interesting to see different parts of her emotions 'deciding' for her how she should reacts to different scenarios.

Meet fear, sadness, joy, disgust and anger

Joy is more like the boss of all the other emotions for that girl. Oh her name's Riley. Joy dislikes sadness. Because Joy doesn't like Riley feeling upset. So she tried to limit sadness's control over Riley's emotion. Clearly this is why drama happened right? Joy the control freak. 



Initially I was pretty agitated by sadness. Like why must she RUINS EVERYTHING! Because of her, Sadness and Joy ended up getting lost in Riley's long term memory with Riley's core memory. So Riley ended up being very lost and rebellious. But what is a journey of self discovery without getting lost. As the movie goes on, the Pixar message slowly surfaces. 
You won't be able to enjoy the beauty of rainbow without a little rain...
Sadness is not running anything. She's thete so we can not express ourselves. Afterwards, joy will follow! The message is so damn deep, Adele is rolling so so deep in it! Pixar never fails to convey some touching meaning to the movie. 

The journey of Sadness and Joy back to where they belong is funny and quite sad (because of BING BONG). But as an adult, I suddenly feel like hey... maybe it's alright being sad afterall. Sad memories are usually a prequel to happy memories.

All in all, the movie is good. But not great! Nevertheless, it's a good watch! Catch it if you can!

Okay gonna end my blog post here else I'll be fired wtf! Toodles

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...